`Audit Manager HSBC UK – Retail Banking and Wealth Management / Commercial Banking (RBWM/CMB)/ Financial Crime, Global Internal Audit
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
In HSBC UK Internal Audit our aim is to identify things that could go wrong before they do go wrong, so that they can be prevented, and when things do go wrong we ask the right questions to make sure they don’t go wrong again.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking experienced individuals to join the team in the role of Audit Manager HSBC UK – various functions
In this role, you will:
• Develop a good understanding of the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of HSBC’s current business model and how that might impact an audit
• understand the impact of audit findings, including recommendations for improvements in business processes, on the current and future business model and operating environment
• Ensure that work suitably reflects the changing scope, nature and risk profile of the business at all times, by optimising the audit value-added procedures
• Clearly communicate issues, associated risks and identify the root cause and their possible strategic implications
• Understand the roles and interests of the various business stakeholders as a basis for engaging them at the right level, on the right issues and in the appropriate context
• Engage stakeholders to obtain a deeper understanding of their business, its requirements and the implications for audit
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
• Role relevant qualifications; e.g. IIA/ Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)/ Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) are desirable
• Past working experience in a relevant role; e.g. Internal Auditor/compliance officer in financial services is desirable but not essential
• A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
• Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
The base location for this role is 120 Edmund Street, Birmingham.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK’s head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/c9e45ad8482e