The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Academy facilitates the development of core and specialist professional knowledge and skills, supporting all frontline work to enhance the current high quality of delivery and to prepare for future needs. The CMA Academy is an essential element in ensuring CMA employees have the necessary training and resources to achieve our strategic aims.
The role of the CMA is to promote fair competition, within and outside the UK, to support economic growth and protect the best interests of consumers and businesses.
The Head of Professional Skills Development post at the CMA leads a small team, in the development of the Academy as a centre of excellence for professional development, and skills training for our employees.
Key to this role will be your strategic and operational experience with a successful track record in developing and rolling out skills training programmes. You will also bring a degree of professional awareness to the role ideally with a background in or knowledge of Economics or Law.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
• Strategic and operational experience of having successfully developed and delivered training programmes
• Experience communicating with senior internal and external stakeholders of varying seniority levels
• Evidence of building and leading a small team
• Educated to Degree Level or qualified by experience
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
All CMA staff enjoy generous benefits, including:
• An excellent pension scheme
• 25 days leave (increasing to 30 days over five years)
• Favourable consideration of flexible working
• Generous maternity/paternity leave provision
• Childcare vouchers
• Interest-free season ticket loans
• Cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
If you’re already a civil servant being appointed on level transfer, you’ll retain your existing terms, including annual leave. Where you’re being promoted, however, you’ll receive the greater of a 10% pay increase or the new grade minimum. Applicants new to the civil service may be considered for appointment at a salary higher than the starting point indicated above (depending on skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications).
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/28bb4408cb74