NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
NHS Improvement is the operational name for the organisation that brings together Monitor, NHS Trust Development Authority, Patient Safety, the National Reporting and Learning System, the Advancing Change team and the Intensive Support Teams.
The TSS team comprises Directors, Senior Managers, Managers, and Analysts, with experience in working across one or more of the above areas. Managers will support Senior Managers and Directors by leading on project workstreams or taking responsibility for the delivery of specific pieces of work/actions. They will lead on the day to day management of the tasks required in the context of the workstream or pieces of work they are responsible for.
Core skills and attributes:
* A strong desire to support improvement in the NHS and to continue to develop in your career;
* Educated to Masters level or equivalent experience with an accountancy qualification desirable;
* A strong financial understanding with a commercial and strategic mind-set;
* The ability to solve complex problems in a structured manner;
* Having significant experience of working on the type of projects that TSS undertake (as above) either in the NHS or in other sectors or having transferrable skills that enable you to do so;
* The ability and willingness to work in a team and project based environment spending up to 1-2 days per week out at NHS providers;
* The ability to undertake both interviews at a senior level and financial analysis across an organisation, deep diving into key areas, making recommendations based on the findings;
* The ability to take in considerable information and write or contribute to focussed reports that synthesize relevant information and are tailored to the audience to inform decisions;
* The ability to work well with senior people both within NHSI and externally to complete and implement TSS projects;
Supporting the TSS team on other areas on an ad-hoc basis to deliver team objectives
From 1 April 2016, NHS Trust Development Authority and Monitor have been known as NHS Improvement but NHS Trust Development Authority and Monitor continue to exist and remain as employers.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/5a98d26bc90b